Pikeville Medical Center (PMC) is one of the Nation’s most progressive and active hospitals. PMC offers some of the most advanced diagnostic imaging equipment, remarkable facilities and some of the best teaching physicians available anywhere. As a resident at PMC, you will have opportunities to work with the best equipment, great doctors and teaching physicians, and experience the culture that drives our organization to excellence. The Pikeville Family Practice Clinic is located at 184 South Mayo Trail with access to some of the most advanced clinical and diagnostic equipment in the region.
PMC offers rotations for 3rd and 4th year medical students.
PMC provides students a broad array of elective clinical rotations that foster growth of medical knowledge through direct patient-care experiences, both at the hospital and at select private practices. There are several elective clinical rotations in various specialties and sub-specialties of Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. There are many diverse hands-on experiences and rewards that visiting students receive.
As a visiting medical student at PMC, you will have the opportunity to become an active member of a medical team. You will attend teaching rounds and conferences, take patient histories, perform physical examinations, assist in the operating room and more. In most cases, you will receive one on one teaching experiences from your Attendings.
For more information please call 606-218-3985 or see the contact information below for the program.
Residency program features:
- The only Integrated Family Medicine/Neuromuscular Medicine (FM/NMM) Residency Program in KY, 1 of only 9 in the U.S.
- The only “Plus One” Residency Training Program in Neuromuscular Medicine and OMM in KY , 1 of 26 in the U.S.
- 1 of only 6 Family Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment Medicine (OMT) Residency Programs in KY
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- American Academy of Osteopathy
- Appalachian Osteopathic Post Graduate Training Consortium (A-OPTIC)
For more information about the Pikeville Medical Center Residency Program, please call:
or email us at email@example.com