The Appalachian Valley Autism (AVA) Center provides life-changingtherapy for children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Our goal is to identify children at the earliest signs of detection, and provide therapy that has the potential to change the trajectory of their young lives.
Pikeville Medical Center’s multi-disciplinary teams are equipped to offer families unrivaled expertise in understanding and meeting the needs of toddlers and children with autism and related challenges.
We strive to:
- provide the best integrated care for children.
- support the best possible quality of life for children with ASD and their families.
- help children with ASD reach their full potential.
- coordinate and provide autism-friendly clinical care and training.
- provide assessments and recommendations for appropriate treatments.
Many children with autism or related disorders can benefit from behavior therapies that aim to reduce undesired behaviors, improve a child’s functioning and address co-curring mental health disorders like depression and/or anxiety. AVA Center clinicians utilize several therapies matched to the child’s age, specific symptoms and degree of severity.
The AVA Center offers:
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Feeding therapy