General hospital visiting hours are from 1pm-10pm. After 10:00pm, visitor passes must be obtained at the second floor information desk.
Specialized areas have specific visitation requirements:
- Emergency Department – Limit to two (2) visitors at a time for each patient.
- ICU (Intensive Care Units) – 6am – 6:15 am, 9-10am, 12-2pm, 4-6pm, 9-10pm
- OB/Labor & Delivery -Limit to four (4) visitors at one time. No children under the age of 12 unless they are siblings of the newborns.
Those times are posted on each unit.
Children under twelve (12) should wait in the waiting rooms on the patient care units unless special arrangements have been made with the charge nurse on the patient care unit because of the risk of infection to the children and our patients. Children under the age to 12 are not to be left unattended. Special visitation is allowed for siblings of newborns. Children should have an adult with them at all times.
Nursing reserves the authority to limit the number of visitors, in certain circumstances, including children.
Occasionally it might be necessary to limit or restrict visitation. Clinical indications include, but are not limited to:
- Stabilization of the patient’s condition
- Change in patient condition requiring immediate intervention
- Bedside procedures as part of the patient’s therapeutic treatment plan that necessitate patient privacy
- Behaviors such as agitation, or a deteriorating patient condition as a result of over-stimulation by visitors
- Impeding care, intentionally or not by the visitor(s)