- A primary care physician is the first line of defense to navigate patients overall health and well-being.
- Family Medicine Physicians navigate patients to live a healthy life by focusing on disease prevention and managing chronic diseases for a better quality of life.
- Family Medicine Physicians are educated in a vast majority of health problems and are crucial in early detection of diseases.
- Having a good rapport with your family medicine physician will help them look for “red flags” and provide better outcomes for patients.
- Your family medicine physician is your primary advocate in arranging appropriate specialist consults, to help patients get quality care.
Source: Dr. Maleshea Hopkins, Dr. Jennifer Kingery and Dr. Kristi Tackett