Amy Johnson, MD, FACS, is a weight loss and general surgeon who has successfully completed over 3,000 weight loss surgery cases with a very low complication rate. She is a Fellow of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons and the American Medical Association. She is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and is board certified by the American Board of Surgery.
Dr. Johnson completed her undergraduate education at the University of Oregon where she was Phi Beta Kappa. She then received an MD from Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, NC with honors from Alpha Omega Alpha. She completed her surgical residency at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in 2002 and began Active Duty Service at Fort Bragg, NC as a general and weight loss surgeon. After completing her service to the military she stayed on at Fort Bragg where she grew a busy weight loss surgery practice.
Her experience, expertise and compassion for her patients raises the bar for weight loss surgery in the region. Her goals in surgically treating morbid obesity are to eliminate or significantly improve medical problems that plague this patient population.
- Complex Laparoscopic General Surgery Procedures
- Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication
- Laparoscopic Foregut/Esophageal Procedures
- Laparoscopic Hiatal Hernia
- Laparoscopic Heller Myotomy
- Laparoscopic Inguinal/Ventral Hernia
- Upper Endoscopic Procedures
- Laparoscopic Roux En Y Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Biliopancreatic Diversion
- Laparoscopic Revisional Obesity Surgery
- Laparoscopic Management of Internal Hernia
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy