To date, Pikeville Medical Center (PMC) Weight Loss and General Surgeon, Amy Johnson, MD, has performed nearly 1800 weight loss surgery procedures at PMC with low rates of complication. She performs weight loss surgery procedures laparoscopically, but also with the help of the da Vinci Xi Surgical System. Laparoscopy is a low-risk, minimally invasiveRead more
Do you want to improve your health and reclaim the life you deserve? Consider bariatric surgery (Weight Loss Surgery) today. Do you have diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, sleep apnea or arthritis pain? Do you suffer from infertility? Do you have a personal or family history of cancer? Do you have the desire to be active like you were in your youth, without the pain? Do you want a healthier, longer more productive life? If you answered yes to any of the above, try our free online seminar or attend a free seminar soon. Pikeville Medical Wellness and Weight Loss Center is the region’s most comprehensive program. Our services include Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass, Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy and Revisional Surgery and a very thorough pre-operative and post-operative processes to ensure your long term success after surgery.
At Pikeville Medical Wellness and Weight Loss Center we have a multi-disciplinary team that works together, to achieve excellent results. We provide the following:
- Pre and post-operative nutritional support, counseling and education
- Pre and post-operative psychological/behavioral support, counseling and education
- A tailored approach for each patient to reach and maintain their goals
- Pre-operative system to expedite patients through the process and avoid unnecessary delays
- Safe and effective weight loss surgery options including Laparoscopic Gastric By-pass and Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- For patients who continue to have medical problems after weight loss surgery, we have an extensive “Back on Track” program.
- Revisional Surgery for those who have failed their initial operation for various reasons
- A streamlined pre-operative process to minimize delays to surgery
- Well-trained staff members to help you with your insurance pre-certification needs and minimize the worry
Our weight loss surgeons use state-of-the-art minimally invasive techniques to ensure safety in the operating room and quick recovery.
Patients interested in financing options for bariatric surgery can learn more about Care Credit and apply for financing by clicking the banner below.