Stroke Grand Rounds
Release Date: November 3, 2020
Expiration Date: November 3, 2021
(Please note that credit will no longer be issued for this activity after this date)
Media Type: Internet Enduring Material Activity
Completion Time: 1 hour
Registration Fee: FREE
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of multidisciplinary clinicians and healthcare professionals involved in the care of stroke patients.
Sankar Chirumamilla, MD
Pikeville Medical Center
- Review the pathophysiology and mechanism for each stroke subtype
- Recognize the eligibility for intravenous TPA in acute ischemic stroke
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of stroke that prompt emergency evaluation and earlier treatment
- Identify the requirements necessary for stroke center accreditation
- Identify stroke patients who could benefit most from acute interventional stroke therapy
- Discuss evidence-based approaches to stroke treatment
Instructions for Participation and Credit
To receive credit you are required to:
- Review video content located on the “Course Registration/Quiz” tab of this page
- Score at least 100% on the required post-test to assess the knowledge gained from reviewing the video
- Complete the activity evaluation (accessible via the Survey Monkey link following the posttest)
- Submit the evaluation
After completion of the activity, a certificate will be sent to you via your preferred retrieval method as listed on your evaluation. If you have questions about the participation process, please e-mail CME@pikevillehospital.org or call (606)218-3931.
Pikeville Medical Center is accredited by the Kentucky Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Pikeville Medical Center designates this internet enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM. Physicians should only claim credits commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Pikeville Medical Center is approved by the Kentucky Board of Nursing as a continuing medical education provider and will award 1 nursing contact hours for this program.
KBN provider number 4-0042-12-20-0019 “Kentucky Board of Nursing approval of an individual nursing education provider does not constitute endorsement of program content.”
All other health care professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation, upon request.
Special Needs Statement
If you have special needs, please contact our office and we will do our best to accommodate you.