UNDERSTANDING THE SURGERY TRACKER
- In Post-Op – Surgery has finished and patient is in our recovery area
- Left Post-Op – Patient has left our recovery area and is either being discharged or on the way back to their room
- Pre-Op Holding – Patient is in an area being prepared for their surgery/procedure
- Surgery Has Started – The patient’s surgery is in process
- In OR – The patient is in the Operating or Procedure room
- Surgery Has Ended – The surgery/ procedure is now over and the patient is preparing to go to our recovery area
- Left Surgery – Patient has left the surgery area going to our recovery area
- Ready to Discharge – Recovery is complete, patient ready to go home.
- Patient in Pre-op – Patient has been taken back to start preparing for surgery.
Pikeville Medical Center provides the following tools to help reduce anxiety and keep waiting individuals informed of the patient’s progress throughout surgery:
- Updates available from Clinic staff
- Physician consultation rooms
- Patient tracking board with a personalized code
Registration clerks are available to provide updates and answer questions about patient progress. Clerks can call nurses for waiting individuals to get the most up-to-date information.
PHYSICIAN CONSULTATION ROOMS
Private physician consultation rooms are available for waiting individuals to discuss patient updates with physicians one-on-one. Physicians may choose to speak with waiting individuals via telephone or in-person.