Critical Care Services
The Critical Care Department at Pikeville Medical Center provides a full range of services for the critically ill adult patient. This department has a total of 24 critical care beds, which integrate patient care and education with consultative, diagnostic and therapeutic critical care services. The care of the critically ill patient is seen as a continuum.
As a result of PMC's dedication to setting the standard for critical care, our around the clock intensivist coverage and our facilities, PMC has seen a dramatic increase in the number of critical patient transfers from other facilities. These other facilities appreciate the level of care PMC provides, and trust us with their critically ill patients.
Services provided in the Critical Care Department are:
- 24-hour/7 Day a Week Intensivist Coverage
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support) Credentialed Nursing Staff
- Social Work and Pastoral Care Services
- Nurse Case Management Services
- Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Continuous Renal Replacement
- Full Respiratory Care Services Including State-of-the-Art Ventilators, Bipap, etc.
- Full Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Full Renal Therapies Including Hemodialysis, CVVHD, and CRRT
- Open Heart Recovery
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump Capabilities
- Kinetic Therapy
- Full Rehabilitation Services
Comments, Concerns | Joint Commission Contact
Pikeville Medical Center | 911 Bypass Road | Pikeville, KY | 41501
Our mission is to provide quality regional health care in a Christian environment.
©2005-2014 Pikeville Medical Center
E-mail our Webmaster to report Website problems.
Mayo, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Clinic Care Network are trademarks of Mayo Clinic.